This procedure is applicable for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.) running iOS 6 or higher. The screenshots included below were taken from an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1. Other devices will be similar.
Prior to starting this procedure, obtain your account-specific information from the Customer Portal according to the following article:
How to Obtain POP or IMAP Account Information from the Customer Portal
To edit or update an existing email account with POP settings on an iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device take the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap the description of the Mail account to update.
4. Update the account-specific Email settings obtained from the article linked above.
5. Update the incoming settings as needed.
6. Tap SMTP to update the outgoing mail server settings.
7. Tap the Primary Server. The primary server should match the SMTP server obtained from the Customer Portal.
8. Update the outgoing mail server settings as needed.
9. On the Account screen tap Done to verify the account settings.