The LDAP Advanced Settings feature allows the administrator to filter the email addresses they would like to import into the Users List in the Customer Portal. In order for addresses to be imported they need to have a proxy address attribute in your Active Directory.
1. Enter your LDAP server credentials: Server Type, Username, LDAP Server, TCP Port, and Password.
2. Click the Apply Advanced Settings check box.
3. Enter a Search Base: The Distinguished Name (DN) identifies the starting point of the search. The following figure demonstrates how to locate the DN in your Active Directory.
4. Enter a Filter String: The filter string determines the type of address to be imported.
Filter String Examples
Here is how my Small Business server is set up.
- Turpintine.com is a primary domain.
- Dryecode.ninja is an alias domain.
- Spam.turpintine.com is a primary domain.
To import all primary email addresses for dryecode.ninja:
To import all primary email addresses and their aliases for spam.turpintine.com:
To import all users and aliases with dryecode.ninja, as well as all primary addresses
with that domain alias:
To import only users:
To import only groups:
To import only contacts:
To import only public folders:
To import only resources:
To import only users and groups:
To import only users and groups for spam.turpintine.com:
5. Click Preview Users to Sync.
6. See the Results Preview in the Customer Portal.
7. Before moving onto the next step, open the .csv file to confirm that these are the expected addresses to be imported. If the .csv file did not contain your expected results, try adjusting the LDAP Advanced Settings. (Clicking Cancel will bring you back to the previous page so that you can update these settings.)
8. Sync your settings.
- Select the Remove Accounts check box to remove email addresses from the Customer Portal that do not exist on your LDAP server. This needs to be correct no matter which Sync method is chosen.
- Click Sync Now for a one time import.
- Click Save as a scheduled job to create an automatic recurring sync. (Be sure to choose how often you want the scheduled job to occur.)
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.