This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- The BlackBerry smartphone does not have the option to open attachments.
- The Attachment displays a clock/square with question marks or small empty square.
- The Desktop [CMIME] service book has incorrect information or is missing or has been corrupted.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry Internet Service account, the service book <email address> [CMIME] has incorrect information or is missing.
Deleting Service Books (Simple Fix) Instructions for the BlackBerry
On the BlackBerry, remove the Desktop [CMIME] & Desktop [SYNC] service books and send new service books by completing the following steps:
4.x - 5.x BlackBerry
1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
2. Highlight Desktop [CMIME] & Desktop [SYNC], display the menu, and click Delete.
3. When prompted to confirm the deletion, click Delete. Proceed to Step 4 below.
6.x - 7.x Blackberry
1. On the Home screen, click Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Books.
2. Select Desktop [CMIME] & Desktop [SYNC] Service Books and Delete. Proceed to Step 4 below.
4. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry for 10 seconds and re-insert.
5. Restart and confirm it connects to the cell provider.
6. Login to the Customer Portal, select the user connected to the BlackBerry and select to Resend the Service Books.
7. Wait 30 - 60 seconds for the new service books to transfer to the device.
8. Now run another test by sending a new attachment to the BlackBerry.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.