This procedure is applicable for many Android devices running Android 4.4 or higher. Screenshots were taken from a Google Nexus 4. Other devices will be similar.
To remove an Exchange email account on a Android device, perform the following:
1. From the home screen, tap the App drawer > Settings icon > under Accounts, tap the email type to remove.
- Only account types currently configured on the device will be listed.
- Corporate accounts may appear as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Once selected, POP, IMAP or Corporate (Exchange) accounts will display the email address.
2. Tap the Menu icon. Some devices will have a three dot Menu button, including Samsung Galaxy and many HTC and Motorola devices.
3. Tap Remove account.
4. Tap Remove account again to confirm.
The instructions represent the most common method for removing email accounts on Android devices. However, software appearance varies across device manufacturers. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer's user manual specific to your device.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.