Prior to starting this procedure, obtain your account-specific information from the Customer Portal according to the following article:
To setup an Exchange email account on a Samsung Galaxy device, perform the following:
1. From the home screen, tap the Menu key (or tap the App drawer) > Settings > Accounts > Add Account.
2. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
3. Enter your email address and password. Tap Send email from this account by default to set the Exchange account as the default email address on the device if desired. Then tap Next.
4. The device will attempt to retrieve the account settings automatically. If successful, skip to Step 6. Otherwise, proceed to Step 5.
5. If the automatic setup is unsuccessful, you will be prompted to provide additional Exchange server settings.
(Sample information is provided below. Account-specific information for your account can be found in the Customer Portal. To locate the information in the Customer Portal, please refer to the article referenced at the beginning of this article.)
6. Tap OK to accept the Activation prompt.
7. Tap OK to accept the Remote security administration notice.
8. Review the Account options and make any changes as needed. (Turn Sync SMS off if you do not want incoming text messages sent to your device to be delivered to your Exchange Email inbox. We do not support outgoing SMS, so only incoming messages will be synched.) Once completed, tap Next.
9. Provide an account name (optional) and tap Done.
10. Swipe down the notification bar at the top of the screen. You should receive a notification to update security settings. Tap accept to complete the account activation.
Samsung provides many helpful resources for their devices at the following support site: