This procedure is applicable for Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Ultra running Android 4.1.2 or higher. Screenshots were taken from Sony Xperia Z. Other devices will be similar.
Prior to starting this procedure, obtain your account-specific information from the Customer Portal according to the following article:
To setup an Exchange email account on a Sony Xperia device, perform the following:
1. From the home screen, tap the Applications drawer > Settings > Accounts > + Add Account.
2. Tap Exchange ActiveSync.
3. Enter your email address and password. Tap Send email from this account by default to set the Exchange account as the default email address on the device if desired. Then tap Next.
4. The device will attempt to retrieve the account settings automatically. If successful, skip to Step 6. Otherwise, proceed to Step 5.
5. If the automatic setup is unsuccessful, you will be prompted to complete Incoming settings.
(Sample information is provided below. Account-specific information for your account can be found in the Customer Portal. To locate the information in the Customer Portal, please refer to the article referenced at the beginning of this article.)
6. Tap OK to accept the Remote security administration notice.
7. Review the Account settings and make any changes as needed. Tap Next.
8. Set an account name (optional) and tap Done.
9. Swipe down the Notification bar at the top of the screen. You should receive a notification to update security settings. Tap accept to complete the account activation.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.