AppRiver’s SecureTide® BULKMAILER rule can be used to shift bulk email around your users’ inboxes to a folder of their choosing, which can then be reviewed at a more convenient time. Once configured, an email rule must then be setup in the user’s Outlook to start automatically shifting the bulk mail to a more suitable folder.
Before starting, please ensure your administrator has configured the BULKMAILER SecureTide rule in accordance with the BULKMAILER Admin Setup (Customer Portal) article. (Note that although the screenshots used to create this procedure were developed using Outlook 2013, the procedure for earlier or later version of Outlook is identical.)
1. Open Outlook.
2. From the Inbox menu, right click on the Inbox and select New Folder.
3. Name the folder according to user preference.
4. On the Home tab, select Rules, then select Manage Rules & Alerts….
5. In the Rules & Alerts window, select New Rule… at the top of the Email Rules tab.
6. In the Start from a blank rule section, select Apply rule on messages I receive and click Next >.
7. In the following window, select the with specific words in the subject condition checkbox, then click the specific words link in the rule description field.
8. In the Search Text window, type BULKMAILER in the top field, click the Add button to assign the term to the Search list, then click OK. (Note that the search term must be typed exactly as shown to ensure the Outlook rule matches the SpamLab® rule setup by the Administrator.)
9. Once returned to the previous window, click Next >.
10. In the following window, select the move it to the specified folder action checkbox, then click the specified link in the rule description field.
11. In the Rules & Alerts window, select the folder created in Step 3, then click OK.
12. Once returned to the previous window, click Next >.
13. In the following window, select any desired exception(s), edit the applicable rule description, then click Next >. (Note that adding exceptions could limit the effectiveness of the rule.)
14. In the following window, specify the rule name in the top field, select the Run this rule now… checkbox as required, ensure the Turn on this rule checkbox is selected, then click Finish.
15. The newly-created rule will appear in the Rule list. Click OK to close the Rules and Alerts window.