Chinese (Simplified, China)
Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
English (United Kingdom)
Send Using Alias Email Address
Office 365 2013
To send using an alias email address in Office 365, the admin will need to create a group and grant necessary permissions to the user. If the user already has an alias address listed as an SMTP address on the mailbox, the address will need to be removed before proceeding with the steps below. To remove the SMTP address, refer to the following article:
View, Add, or Remove an Alias (SMTP) Email Address
1. Login to the Office 365 Portal as an administrator.
2. Click the
drop down menu on the upper right and select
3. On the Exchange Admin Center recipients page, click
from the top menu,
click the Add (
to add a new distribution group
4. In the new distribution group window, add the following information and click
Display name (visible in admin portal through address book - recommend naming something easily recognizable)
Desired Alias Email address
Owner(s) (could be set as the administrator and/or the user that will use the alias address)
Member(s) (add the
user that will use the alias address)
Set owner approval to
5. Double-click the group name.
7. In the pop-up window
section, ensure the
Hide this group from address lists
8. In the delivery management section, select
Senders inside and outside of my organization
(which will allow users from outside the domain to send email to this address).
9. In the group delegation section, click the Add (
) icon under the
section to add the alias user, and then click
10. Open a new message in Outlook, click on the
tab and select to show the
11. Click the From pull down, select
Other E-mail Address...
12. In the Send From Other E-mail Address pop-up window, type the new alias email address and click
13. The message can now be sent using the new alias email address.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.
Article ID: 773
Created: October 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Modified: June 10, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback...
Share this article
Other Social Networks
Share With Others
Send Reset Email
Please log in below
Not Logged In
You must be logged in to perform this action.