Chinese (Simplified, China)
Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
English (United Kingdom)
How to Delete/Restore a User
Office 365 2010
When a user is deleted, the system will retain the user information (including the assigned username) and allow the user to be restored for up to 30 days. A user can't be created with the same username as the deleted user, which could result in conflicts with usernames and proxy addresses. To assign this username again, the deleted user must be restored.
1. Log into the Admin Portal located at
. On the Admin Overview page, under Management, click
2. On the Users page, select the check box next to the user/users that need to be deleted. Click
3. A pop-up window will appear explaining the results of the deletion and asking for confirmation. Click
4. Restoring a user or users is also accomplished from the User page. From the Microsoft Office Portal, click
5. On the Users page, click
. This will display a list of users that have been deleted. Users will be listed here for 30 days from the time the user is deleted.
6. Select the check box next to the user(s) to restore, and then click one of the
7. A confirmation that the restore was successful should appear, but it will fail if the user(s) already exists in the user list. To prevent this, do not try to recreate a user once deleted.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.
Article ID: 732
Created: March 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Modified: June 10, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback...
Share this article
Other Social Networks
Share With Others
Send Reset Email
Please log in below
Not Logged In
You must be logged in to perform this action.