Chinese (Simplified, China)
Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
English (United Kingdom)
How to Invite External Users to Your SharePoint Site
Office 365 2010
SharePoint allows external users to be invited to the site. Invited users must have a @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @msn.com e-mail address; they must be on the Office 365 system; or they can use any other e-mail address as long as its registered as a Microsoft Live ID.
external users can be
invited, the External Users feature must be activated. From the Admin Control panel, click
under the SharePoint heading.
Manage site collections
3. On the Site Collections ribbon, click
Manage External Users
4. In the External Users dialog box, click the
option button and then click
5. Next, log into the SharePoint site, click
, then select
6. On the Site Settings page, click
Site collection features
under the Site Collection Administration heading.
7. To enable the External users invitations feature, click
8. Users may be invited once the feature is activated. On the site where
was activated, click
9. The Invite dialog box will appear. Enter the user's email in the
Team Site Visitors:
text box, add a personal message (optional), and click
10. A confirmation that the user has been invited to the site will be displayed.
11. If the user prefers to use a personal domain name, it must be registered first as a Microsoft Live ID. Direct the user to http://signup.live.com to register their e-mail with the system.
12. Once the user receives the e-mail, they need to click the
Accept your invitation!
13. The user should now click the
Windows Live Hotmail
link and sign in. If this results in an error, the user can go to Live.com and sign in first with their new Live ID e-mail address and then repeat the step above. They should now be able to log in.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.
Article ID: 719
Created: March 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Modified: June 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback...
Share this article
Other Social Networks
Share With Others
Send Reset Email
Please log in below
Not Logged In
You must be logged in to perform this action.