If you are using this procedure, then the AutoDiscover record has not yet been created for the domain. We highly recommend that the AutoDiscover record be created as soon as possible, since Outlook uses it for a number of operations, which will not work properly until the AutoDiscover CNAME is in place. The AutoDiscover DNS record must be created with your domain's DNS provider. (Please check with your registrar if you do not know where this is.) Note that the CNAME is displayed in the following format:
autodiscover.yourdomainname.com CNAME adr.exg5.exghost.com
If the AutoDiscover record is already in place, please use KB article #499 - Outlook 2011 Configuration for Exchange 2007 instead of this procedure.
Please ensure that the following procedures have been implemented before setting up Outlook 2011 manual configuration:
- Outlook 2011 has been installed on the computer, which is going to be configured.
- All updates to Outlook and the OS have been applied.
- An active Exchange account has been set up properly in the Customer Portal (http://cp.appriver.com).
1. Click Tools, and then Accounts from the main menu bar.
2. Once you are at the window where you can add additional accounts, click the + sign at the bottom left of the window, and then select Exchange...
3. Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail address: text box.
4. Make sure the authentication method is set to User Name and Password.
5. Enter your e-mail address in the User name: text box.
6. In the Server text box, enter https://exg5.exghost.com/ews/exchange.asmx.
7. Once the account has been added, you may get a prompt to confirm the AutoDiscover record. Select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click the Allow button.
8. Your Outlook 2011 client should now be connected to your Hosted Exchange Account with AppRiver.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.