Please ensure that the following procedures have been implemented before setting up Outlook 2010 auto configuration:
Ensure that your AutoDiscover DNS record has been created with your domain registrar (DNS provider.) Note: The CNAME will appear as the following: autodiscover.yourdomainname.com CNAME adr.exg5.exghost.com
Outlook 2010 has been installed on the computer that is going to be configured.
An active Exchange account had been set up properly in the Customer Portal (http://cp.appriver.com).
1. Click Start, select Control Panel, and then click the Mail icon.
2. Click the Show Profiles... button.
3. In the Mail dialog box, under the General tab, create a new profile by clicking the Add… button.
4. Enter the email address of the user and click OK.
5. Enter the user’s display name, full email address, and email password (twice), and then click the Next button.
6. Outlook will search for the account settings and may prompt you again for the user password.
7. A Microsoft Office Outlook dialog box will appear. Select the Don’t ask me about this website again check box, and then click the Allow button.
8. Once the account is verified, the Add New E-Mail Account dialog box will display that it was successful. Click the Finish button.
9. Check the Mail dialog box to ensure that the newly set-up profile has the Always use this profile option button selected, and then click the OK button.
10. Open Outlook and sign in using the full email address and password for the account.
11. Select the Remember my credentials check box if you want Outlook to remember your password.
12. Click the File menu and then click the Account Settings drop-down menu. From this menu, click Account Settings... and then Change.
13. Click the More Settings button.
14. The Microsoft Exchange dialog box will appear. Click the Connection tab.
15. Click the Exchange Proxy Settings... button.
16. Select the On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box.
17. Click OK, OK, OK, Next, and then Finish, respectively.
18. Restart Outlook.
19. Your e-mail account is now set up in Outlook 2010.