Please ensure that the following procedures have been implemented before setting up Outlook 2011:
- Microsoft Office 2011 has been installed (i.e., any version except Home and Student, which does not include Outlook).
- An Exchange 2007 account has been created for the user in the Customer Portal (cp.appriver.com).
- An Autodiscover DNS record has been created in your DNS (with your domain registrar or DNS provider). Note that the CNAME will appear as the following: autodiscover.yourdomainname.com CNAME adr.exg5.exghost.com
1. Open Outlook, click the Outlook menu, and then select Preferences.
2. Click the Accounts icon.
3. An Account pop-up window will appear on your screen. From here, you may add e-mail accounts.
4. Click the + icon at the bottom left side of the pop-up window to add a new account. Then, select Exchange.
5. From here, fill out the following pieces of information:
- E-mail address
- Method - User Name and Password
- User name - full e-mail address
- Password - e-mail address password
- Configure automatically check box selected
6. During the activation process, a pop-up window will appear on your screen prompting you about autodiscover redirection. Select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click the Allow button.
7. Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Exchange 2007 mailbox on Microsoft’s 2011 Outlook.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.