Recommended settings to be changed when configuring Outlook for use with AppRiver's Secure Hosted Exchange Service.
- Exchange 2013/2016
- Outlook installed and configured for Exchange
1. Since we filter your e-mail for you before it even gets to your inbox and also because Outlook's junk mail filter tends to create a lot of false positives, we recommend setting the Junk Mail filter to OFF.
Outlook 2013/16- Select Home tab >Junk>Junk Email Options...> Set to No Automatic Filtering, and click OK. 2. To ensure that all of your data remains on the Exchange server and doesn't get moved onto your machine (where you would then be responsible for backing it up), set the autoarchiving settings to OFF.
- Outlook 2013/16- Go to File > Options. In the Advanced section, click the AutoArchive Settings… button.
3. Searching for messages was greatly enhanced starting in Outlook 2007 but, by default, the Deleted Items folder is not included in the search. To include the Deleted Items folder in all -email searches, please follow the the below steps.
- Outlook 2013/16- Select File>Options>Search>, and check the item Include messages from the Deleted items folder in each data file when searching in All Items.
4. If you set the Send/Receive setting to an unrealistic short time, it can cause issues if you have POP3 accounts configured. If Outlook tries to check for mail again while it is still trying to download a large e-mail from the last time, this can cause hangups and duplicates. We recommend setting your send/receive setting to a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Outlook 2013/16- Select File>Options>Advanced>Send/Receive...>, and change Schedule an automatic send/receive every to at least 10 minutes.
5. To allow a user to view images in their e-mail automatically, we recommend the following procedure:
- Outlook 2013/16- Select File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings...>Automatic Download>, and clear Don't download pictures automatically in HTML email messages or RSS items.
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.