Alternate Email Addresses:
Every user has an alternate email address in the format of:
For example, if you have a user account named jdoe hosted for domain company.corp on the exg7.exghost.com servers, then this user account would have an email address of email@example.com and an alternate email address of:
Our current alternate domain name is:
Follow the below procedure to forward email from a previous Exchange server to Hosted Exchange:
1. Open Active Directory and go to the Users container.
2. Create a new Contact using the alternate email address for that user.
3. Now find the User account in Active Directory, right-click and go to properties.
4. Locate the Exchange General Tab.
5. Click the Delivery Options button.
6. Under Forwarding Address, select the Forward to: option button and then click Modify and enter the name of the Contact that you just created.
7. You may also select to deliver email to the new hosted server and the users old local inbox. When done, click OK and Apply.