The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) import tool allows the administrator to import a list of email addresses (users) from your directory server into the Users List in the Customer Portal. This feature also allows the administrator to schedule a LDAP sync job every 1 to 24 hours. If you would like to review the LDAP Advanced Settings feature, please refer to this page.
1. Enter your LDAP server Connection Settings.
- Server Type ‒ Select Communigate, Microsoft Exchange Server, or Novell Groupwise 5.5 from the Server Type drop-down menu.
- Username ‒ This will be the username of the user with read access to all of the users on your directory server.
- LDAP Server ‒ This will be the fully qualified domain name of the server that hosts your user accounts in the LDAP Server field. (Note that if the account is currently set for a recurring LDAP import, the interval will be shown below the LDAP Server field.)
- TCP Port ‒ 106 is the default TCP port for Communigate and 389 is the default TCP port for Exchange and Novell.
- Password ‒ This will be the password of the user with read access.
2. Select the Use SSL check box if you want to encrypt access to the LDAP server.
3. Click Preview Users to Sync.
4. See the Results Preview in the Customer Portal. This will resemble the figure below.
5. Click Export User Preview to .csv.
6. Before moving onto the next step, open the .csv file to confirm that these are the expected addresses to be imported. If the .csv file did not contain the expected results, try adjusting the LDAP Advanced Settings. (Clicking Cancel will bring you back to the previous page so that these settings can be updated.)
7. Sync your settings.
- Select the Remove Accounts check box to remove email addresses from the Customer Portal that do not exist on your LDAP server. This needs to be correct no matter which Sync method is chosen.
- Click Sync Now for a one time import.
- Select Send HSRs to newly imported Users to send new users a daily Held Spam Report.
- Click Save as a scheduled job to create an automatic recurring sync. (Be sure to choose how often you want the scheduled job to occur.)
© 2016 AppRiver LLC. All rights reserved.