This article describes the process of creating new Outlook profiles (initially for a new Exchange mailbox) from the Office 365 edition of Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Screenshots in this guide used Outlook 2016 for Mac from Office 365 ProPlus. Standalone/Non-O365 versions of Office 2016 for Mac will follow the same steps, but the interface may appear different. This was performed on macOS 10.13.3.
1. Make sure Outlook is closed.
2. We need to open the Outlook Profile Manager which is stored within the Outlook application package itself. It can be accessed in 3 ways:
Manual Navigation: Navigate through your file system manually. Open a new Finder window/tab, and navigate to the Outlook Profile Manager by going to /Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/SharedSupport
"Go" in Finder: Go straight to the Shared Support folder which contains the Outlook Profile Manager by using Finder's "Go to Folder" feature. This can be accessed by either clicking Go > Go to Folder... in Finder's menu bar, or pressing Shift+Cmd+G on your keyboard.
Spotlight: Use macOS' Spotlight search feature to go directly to the SharedSupport folder. Bring up Spotlight either by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the menu bar or pressing Cmd+Space on your keyboard, type in the following directory, then press Enter:
Once you've navigated to the SharedSupport folder, double-click on the Outlook Profile Manager app to launch it.
3. In the Outlook Profile Manager, click the + button in the bottom left of the window, and name the new profile (e.g. AppRiver)
4. Select the new AppRiver profile you just created, then click the gear dropdown and select Set as Default. You'll see that the "AppRiver" text becomes bold, indicating that it is now the default profile to load when launching Outlook. Go ahead and close the Outlook Profile manager.
5. Open Outlook. It will open as if being launched for the first time, so it will welcome you with a Set Up Your Email window. Enter in your email address, then click Continue.
6. Ordinarily, as long as your administrator made the appropriate changes to your domain's DNS information before this process is started, Outlook will be able to determine the location of your new Exchange server automatically based on your domain and prompt for your new mailbox password. If so, skip to step 7.
However, if Outlook is not able to determine the location of your new Exchange mailbox and you are prompted with "Sorry! We couldn't find a match. Please choose the provider for email@example.com", select either Office 365 (red) or Exchange (blue) depending on which hosted email service you have from us (Office 365 or AppRiver Hosted Exchange). If prompted for Exchange server information for AppRiver Hosted Exchange, please view this article for steps on how to obtain this information for your mailbox. If it still cannot make a connection even after choosing the proper account type, please contact your administrator.
7. After entering your password, you will be presented with a green check mark with a message saying that the mailbox has been added. Toward the bottom of the window will be options for Add Another Account, which you can use to add additional accounts into this new profile if you have any (in which you'll simply repeat steps 5 through 7), otherwise just click Done to begin using Outlook with your new mailbox!
If you use this account on mobile devices, please use one of the following guides to properly remove the account and re-add it so the device connects to the new mailbox:
Configuring Android for AppRiver Hosted Exchange 2013
Configuring Office 365 on Android
How to Configure an iOS Device for AppRiver Hosted Exchange (iOS 11)
How to Configure an iOS Device for Office 365 (iOS 11)