This procedure is applicable for a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, Note 7, S8, S8+, Note 8 or other Samsung devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher software versions.
If an existing email account is configured on the mobile device that uses the same email address of the new account please remove the existing email account prior to adding the new account.
To setup an Exchange email account on the device, perform the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, swipe down and tap the Settings gear icon.
2. Scroll down and tap Cloud and accounts.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
5. Enter your email address and account password, then tap SIGN IN.
6. The device will attempt to retrieve the account settings automatically. If unsuccessful, enter the account-specific settings when prompted. Confirm the settings entered and tap NEXT.
7. Tap OK to accept the Remote security administration notice.
8. Review the default Sync Settings and make any desired changes. Tap NEXT.
9. Give the account a name (optional) and tap DONE.
10. Open the email application. If you receive a notification to update security settings, tap ACCEPT to complete the account activation. Email will begin to arrive momentarily.