This procedure is applicable to Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Moto X Pure, BlackBerry Priv, and similar devices.
Gmail replaces the native email application on some mobile devices running Pure Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher software versions including Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Pure is also referred to as "Vanilla" or "stock" Android by mobile device manufacturers and software developers.
Many other Android devices use proprietary user interfaces (UI) that exclude Exchange services from the Gmail app. Such mobile devices utilize an Email app for Exchange and other email configurations in place of the Gmail app.
Devices that replace Gmail with proprietary Email applications include most Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, and other Android smartphones and tablets. Support articles are available for many other mobile device email client applications on AppRiver's Knowledge Base.
Prior to starting this procedure, obtain your account-specific information from the Customer Portal according to the following article:
To setup an Exchange email account on the mobile device, take the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, swipe down and tap the Settings gear icon.
2. Scroll down and tap Accounts.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Exchange.
5. Enter the email address and tap Next.
6. Enter the account password and tap Next.
7. The device will attempt to retrieve the account settings automatically. If unsuccessful, enter the account-specific settings when prompted. Confirm the settings entered and tap Next.
8. Tap OK to accept the Remote security administration notice.
9. Review the default Sync Settings and make any changes as desired. Tap Next.
10. Review the Activate Device Administrator message and tap Activate to complete account activation.
11. Give the account a name (optional) and tap Next.
12. Open the Gmail application. You may receive a notification to update security settings. If the notification displays, tap accept to complete the account activation. Email will begin to arrive momentarily.