Create a CNAME record with your DNS provider for AutoDiscover.<your domain name> pointing to adr.exg6.exghost.com (e.g., your domain name is freesurfing.com and your CNAME record would be AutoDiscover. freesurfing.com).
It may take up to 24 hours to populate the DNS globally; however, most DNS providers do update their DNS records within a couple hours. Please find out your provider’s update time, so you can test your new CNAME record after this time period has ended.
Test your new CNAME DNS record with NSLOOKUP as follows:
- From a Windows PC, open a command prompt.
- Enter nslookup, and then press Enter.
- Enter the CNAME that you created, and then press Enter.
- If your records are correct, you should receive results similar to the following after you entered your CNAME record.
- Name: adr.exg6.exghost.com
- Address: 188.8.131.52
- Aliases: autodiscover. freesurfing.com
Article ID: 682, Created On: 6/21/2012, Modified: 12/4/2013